Designer - Kathy Wegner
- Creative Paperclay® modeling material, 4 oz. (makes 2 hearts)
- 4" to 4 ½" wide heart cookie cutter
- Aleene's Premium-Coat™ Acrylics: Deep Violet OC 164, White OC 173 (Burnt Umber OC 185, White OC 173)
- Aleene's Enhancers™: Clear Gel Medium EN 105, Matte Varnish EN 107
- Decorative buttons: rose, leaf, swirl (3 different flower buttons)
- Round filigree, approx. 1 ¾" (corner filigree, approx. 1 ½")
- 18" length purple plastic-coated wire ( 18" length 18 gauge copper wire)
- 2 sm. pc. purple glass or beads (2 sm. brown beads)
- plastic wrap
- rolling pin
- water container
- drink box straw
- sponge or rag
- wire cutters
Notes: Instructions are for purple heart, with changes in parentheses for brown heart. Feel free to use different heart colors and button designs, as desired.
1) Roll out 1/2 package clay between plastic wrap, to 1/4" - 3/8" thickness. Cut out clay with heart cutter.
2) Press buttons and filigree piece into clay to create designs. Re-cut clay with heart cutter. Using drink box straw, make 2 holes at heart top. Let clay dry completely.
3) Paint heart with Deep Purple (Burnt Umber) acrylic; let dry. Apply one coat of varnish; let dry.
4) Mix two parts gel medium with one part White. With paintbrush, apply mix to impressed areas; immediately wipe off excess with damp sponge or rag. Let dry.
5) Seal with one or two more coats of varnish; let dry.
6) Bend wire to make a hanger, adding glass pieces (sm. beads). Attach wire through holes; cut off excess wire with wire cutters.
Aleene's Premium-Coat™ Acrylics & Aleene's Enhancers™ from: Duncan Enterprises, 5673 E. Shields Ave., Fresno, CA 93727,