- On a clean flat surface, roll out Paperclay® between two layers of waxed paper or plastic wrap, to a thickness of approximately 1/8 inch. Remove the top layer.
- Press rubber stamps, natural objects, or other items into the Paperclay® to make a design. Cut or tear the edges of the clay around the design.
- If desired, gently rub a black inkpad over the top of the Paperclay®. The recessed designs will stay white.
- Using a small, dry paint brush, brush various Pearl-Ex powders onto the Paperclay®. Interference colors will show up best on the black ink. Opaque colors will show up on black or white areas.
- Allow the piece to dry overnight.
- If desired, highlight parts of the design or the edges of the piece with metallic pen, and attach beads, charms or other embellishments.
- Spray the finished piece with acrylic sealer.
- Attach pin to the back.