- Working on a smooth clean work surface, use
rolling pin to evenly flatten desired amount of Paperclay® to approximately ¼"
thickness. Rolling the Paperclay® out between two sheets of waxed paper will also work.
- Gently, with evenly distributed pressure, stamp Rycraft Cookie Stamp pattern into the
rolled out Paperclay®.
- With scissors, a wooden round toothpick, or other cutting tool, cut out stamped design
from the rolled out Paperclay®.
- Carefully insert the blunt end of the wooden shish kabob skewer into an edge of the
stamped Paperclay® design, and push it in until the end of the skewer is up into the
middle of the stamped design. Make sure that the skewer does not penetrate the Paperclay®
anywhere within the stamped design area.
- Place skewered Paperclay® design piece onto a non-stick baking sheet, and put into oven
preheated at 250 degrees. Bake for approximately 35 minutes, turning design pieces over to
other side partway through the baking time.
- Remove carefully from oven and let cool.
- Use small folded pieces of sandpaper to sand away rough edges, and create a smooth edged
- Paint the plant poke design and stick using assorted colors of acrylic paints.
- Let dry. Varnish with acrylic varnish.