Designer - Kathy Wegner
- Creative Paperclay® modeling material
- Rubber stamp: 2354 H butterfly from Judi Kins
- Aleene’s Premium-Coat™ Acrylics: Med. Lavender OC 156, Med.
Blue OC 150, Med. Lime OC 132, Med. Yellow OC 126, Med. Orange OC
114, Med. Red OC 102, Black OC 176
- Aleene’s Oil-Based Clear Stain AW 10
- Tulip® 3 D Paint Gloss
Sealer SP 509
- 8” length rainbow rattail cord
- plastic wrap or waxed paper
- rolling pin
- pinking-edge scissors
- drink box straw
- sm. round paint brush
- flat paintbrush or sponge brush
- bubble palette
- water container
- paper towels
- tacky glue
Tips: Read Paperclay® package directions. When drying clay, turn piece often.
1) With clay between plastic wrap, roll out to 3/8" thickness. Press dry rubber stamp evenly into clay; remove stamp from clay. Cut away excess clay, using pinking-edge scissors. Let clay dry at least 24 hours.
2) In bubble palette, mix each paint color except Black, using one part acrylic and three parts water. Using sm. round paintbrush, paint clay piece with desired colors. Let dry.
3) Seal clay piece, using flat or sponge brush and sealer; let dry.
4) Mix three parts clear stain with one part Black acrylic, to make Black stain. With cotton swab, rub Black stain into recessed areas of clay piece; wipe off excess stain with damp paper towels. Let dry.
5) Seal clay with gloss sealer; let dry. Put cord through holes, knotting in front. Glue knots and trim cord ends with scissors.
Aleene's Premium-Coat™ Acrylics, Aleene's Oil-Based Clear Stain & Tulip® 3 D Gloss Sealer from: Duncan Enterprises, 5673 E. Shields Ave., Fresno, CA 93727,
Rubber stamp from: Judi Kins, 17803 S. Harvard Blvd., Gardena, CA 90248, (310) 515-1115.